Wednesday, June 22, 2011

BYU, Asians, Losing keys, Birthday



Currently I am sitting in the library studying some D&C and Humanities while Mindy is in her Abnormal Psychology class. It has been nice having Mindy show me the ways of BYU and I am starting to get used to the way college works. It is totally different than high school but I think once I get into a set routine I will really like it. I like how we always begin class with a prayer and that in almost every lecture there is a mormon reference or an apostle quote brought into the material. The studying is already starting and I should sneak some more in before I go home to clean the apartment and eat.

Funny moments:

I went to Mindy's Trig class with her the first day. I think Mindy is really soaking in the whole sibling at school with her and hopefully I will be able to meet her expectations of what it is like to have a sibling with you. Anyways we are in Mindy's Trig class and this Asian kid that looks like he is ten years old is dropped off by his dad.
Right when Mindy saw him she said,
"Dang it, he is going to ruin the curve"

After class, there was a BYU student taking a group of Asians around BYU campus showing them around. This group literally looked like they hadn't hit puberty yet. I thought I was pretty young starting at sixteen but now I feel like I am behind.

The first night I got here, Mindy said she was going to show me around campus. We walked around and she pointed to all these buildings that I would forget a minute later. It was pretty outside and Mindy really was fulfilling her post as an older sister quite well until we got to our apartment and Mindy couldn't find her keys. We realized that we had probably left them in the JFSB bathroom which would close at 10pm and it was currently 9:56 pm. Mindy told me to start running back to campus while she continued to look through her purse. To our dismay the JFSB was closed and we had no way of getting into our apartment. Here I am nervous that I am starting school the next day and I don't really know where anything is with the prospect of being homeless for the night. I tell Mindy that we should go back to the JFSB because someone had to have still been there. Once we get back to the JFSB I see a person walking along the glassed in hall. I start running toward the person through a bunch of bushes and I get what was a University Polices attention. He was really nice and took Mindy and I to the bathroom where we found Mindy's keys. I looked at the nice University Police officer and I noticed his Byu hat and it sure did take a couple of doubts out of my head about Byu, plus, it was a great bonding moment for Mindy and I :)

I also had a nice birthday yesterday. When I was in my foods class today we all had to introduce ourselves and say something interesting, everyone was saying generic stuff like I recently got married or their majors, I said, "I was sixteen yesterday but today I was seventeen." It is pretty weird looking around and seeing people with wedding rings or talking about their husband's MCAT scores with each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment